Recipe of the Week - Berry Delight Dessert
Ingredients for six people
- 4 punnets of mixed summer berries
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 leaves of roughly torn basil leaves
- Four shots of crème de cassis
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves or edible flowers for decoration
1. Place all your berries in a bowl, and add the sugar, basil, vinegar and half of the liqueur. Mix well. Allow to stand for as long as you want so the fruit will take the flavours.
2. Place the fruit in a fancy glass, top with a scoop of ice cream then pour the rest of the cassis over the top.
3. Decorate with the mint leaves or edible flowers and serve.
4. How simple is that?!
Crème de cassis is a blackcurrant liqueur. You can always omit this from your dessert if you’d rather – although we think it would be a shame – or you can substitute it with a cordial or liqueur of your liking.
Back to main list