Recipe of the Week - Sesame Prawn Toast
We’re moving into an oriental flavour this week and our recipe is courtesy of our Junior Chef, Leo.
- 200g peeled prawns
- Egg white
- A clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- Spring onions - chopped
- 3 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch of ginger (optional)
- 8 slices of white bread
- Sesame seeds
1. Put all ingredients except the bread and sesame seeds in a food processor and blend to a paste.
2. Spread the paste onto the eight slices of bread evenly.
3. Remove crusts from bread and cut each piece of bread into four triangles.
4. Sprinkle on sesame seeds or place the seeds on a plate or chopping board and then press the bread triangles, paste side down into the seeds. Only seed the paste side.
5. Heat up the oil in a frying pan, very hot (about 190°) but not smoking. Put the toast into the oil (paste side first) and fry 30 – 50 seconds each side and serve!
Back to main list